Tobacco Cessation Pharmacology
Participants will gain an understanding of the impact of tobacco dependence and addiction on stopping tobacco product use. They will learn pharmacology best-practice and approaches for offering support effectively.
- tobacco cessation pharmacology
- drug toxicity and medication interactions
- specific medications metabolized differently when a person stops smoking
- how to assess the level of nicotine dependence
- the impact of nicotine withdrawal and how to manage symptoms.
An overview of pharmacotherapy needs of clients in specific sites or populations is highlighted in the e-learning unit.
Having trouble with your e-learning unit?