How to become a QuitCore Facilitator:
- Obtain a letter of support from your manager.
- Attend a QuitCoreFacilitator training session.
- Provide tools, strategies and skills to help participants quit smoking or using other forms of tobacco, and connect them with others who are also trying to quit.
- Offer QuitCore Group Program sessions at their own location or they can partner with existing QuitCore programs.
- Offer QuitCore Groups at various locations such as Primary Care Network Clinics, workplaces, community health centres, addiction and mental health clinics, libraries, etc
The Tobacco Reduction Program (TRP):
- Offers QuitCore Facilitator Training for Health Professionals.
- Provides resources and outcome evaluation support.
- Provides provincial registration support through the AlbertaQuits Helpline (Healthlink).
- Is a free group tobacco cessation program.
- Includes six sessions over six to nine weeks.
- Is offered in communities around the province.
- Participants register by calling the AlbertaQuits Helpline, completing an online registration, or by fax referral from a health care professional.
- Participants are also offered information on concurrent Alberta Quits cessation support through online support at AlbertaQuits.ca and telephone support through the AlbertaQuitsHelpline at 1‐866‐710‐7848(QUIT).